Leading yourself into the future
It’s half way through the year. Some of you are back from your mid-year break, others still in it. Have you had time to process what you’re studying and how that might translate into your future work? Some of you may have been totally inspired by the last semester, and some not. Fortunately, although what you’re currently learning is important, it is not the sole determinant of your success in the workplace. The technical skills you are in the process of acquiring through your studies need to be offered together with ‘soft skills’ – the interpersonal and relationship-building skills that help people communicate and collaborate effectively in the working world. We’d love you to take a moment to consider how much opportunity you’ve had to develop your own self-understanding – and appreciate that this in an important foundation to understanding others and being able to work with and lead them.
There is an amazing opportunity for 10 Jubilites to participate in a Personal Leadership Development Programme that the Education Restitution Initiative is hosting. This opportunity is for those currently in tertiary education or in their first few years of work. It provides an opportunity to engage with your own self leadership and how this can be applied to your effectiveness and the choices you make in terms of vocation and living on purpose.
WHAT PARTICIPANTS CAN EXPECT TO GAIN:
- A better understanding of who they are, who God has made them to be
- Tools and self-knowledge for managing change
- Communication and listening skills
- A better understanding of EQ and social intelligence
- Tools for exploring, concretising and moving closer to their personal purpose
- Guidance on living a balanced life
- Managing stress and contentedness
- Tools for moving into action and stop procrastinating
- Self-awareness that will aid towards being effective employees/ business owners and potentially leaders
- Various assessments, which all provide lenses through which to get a more holistic picture of who we are as individuals: personality, values, interests, skills etc.
IF SELECTED, YOU WOULD NEED TO BE AVAILABLE FOR AND COMMIT TO:
- Attending a Briefing Meeting, held at Jubilee Centre, on Sunday 20 August 2017, 5-6:30pm.
- Completing a two-hour online career assessment by 31 August 2017.
- Attending a two-hour, one-on-one meeting with Meg Bruyns, of Fully Alive, to discuss the personal report emanating from the online assessment. This will be scheduled within the first three weeks of September 2017. Specific time-slots will be made available closer to the time.
- Preparing a collage in preparation for the Learning Leaders Workshop.
- Attending a two-day Learning Leaders workshop, led by Danie and Elaine Eksteen from Strategic Human Capital Consulting – on one of the last two weekends of September. The workshop explores self-leadership through looking at how we understand and manage ourselves (and lead others), focussing on the following areas: how to deal with change; interpersonal relationships; figuring out personal purpose; how to achieve balance; what it takes to be contented; and effectively taking action. As part of the module we include: a 90-page Workshop Reflection Journal.
- Joining a learning group for future follow up.
- Contributing R100 towards the cost of the course. The course is significantly discounted – however, by paying an amount you are showing commitment to the process. If you are unable to pay this amount, please contact email@example.com regarding a bursary.
- Apply by 30 July 2017
To apply for consideration into the programme, complete the application form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete online by using this google link https://goo.gl/forms/ak4wA05d6eRWJE0i1
Find out about serving at Jubilee